For the first time in 10 years, INTA is holding a 2 day conference in Sydney on 11 – 12 October 2018.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Balancing IP rights and regulatory restrictions
- Bringing your business online: the view from China
- The important role IP Offices play in supporting economic growth
- Advertising and Data Privacy: Be Prepared
- Enforcement in the New WHOIS Reality
- Ad words and metatags
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- 3D printing: a positive disruption
- Ambush marketing
A more detailed breakdown of the program is here.
Overview and registration, here.
The Feds (aka the Australian Federal Police in co-operation with Customs) executed 21 search warrants on 14 September and apparently
Thousands of counterfeit goods were seized, including counterfeit computer software, CDs, DVDs and luxury items such as bags and jewellery.
Lid dip: Marine Guillou. The AFP issued their own Media Release.
In typically timely fashion, Stephen Stern will be giving a Tech IP Seminar:
Australian Customs And Border Protection Service – How To Access This Service To Protect Trade Marks And Stop Replica Products At The Border
in Melbourne on 12 October.
Steve has probably forgotten more about this subject than I’ve learned so, if you act for a brand owner who could be exposed, you should get yourself along to find out more.