IP Australia has published a second round of consultation paper (pdf) on its proposals for reform of intellectual property laws and procedures in Australia.
Topics covered include:
- Getting the Balance Right
- Exemptions to Patent Infringement
- Resolving patent opposition proceedings faster
- Resolving trade mark opposition proceedings faster
- Resolving divisional applications faster
Submissions are due by 12 February 2010.
In a move definitely to be encouraged, the proposed drafting instructions have also been published (pdf) for comment.
(Links to the “Word” version as well as the pdf version and the previous round of consultation papers via here.)
Some further papers will be published soon on:
- Flexible Search and Examination
- Streamlining the Patent Process